hello From Long Island, NY

Carz4ever

I just ordered a d7000 w/ 18-105mm kit lens. I hope I made the right choice. It was a toss up of either waiting for the sony nex-7 or getting a canon 7d. I just became a grand dad of a little boy in December and cannot wait until April for the Sony. I did a lot of research and read lots of reviews. I'm pretty sure this is the better of the two.

I have never had a dslr and I know i have a lot to learn. I look forward to a great experience here and hope to learn whatever i can and share that with others eventually ! I should have the camera Monday or Tuesday and will put up some pics when I can, they will probably be of my car will be the first or my grandson if he at my house.

thanks !:cool:

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Carz.A D7k with an 18-105 lens....good choice. You're going to love it.

I'm going to enjoy seeing what the others have to say about your avatar. :) I personally don't have a problem with it, but I'm certain it doesn't look anything like you. :)

Mike150

Welcome to Nikonites, Carz.A D7k with an 18-105 lens....good choice. You're going to love it.

I'm going to enjoy seeing what the others have to say about your avatar. :) I personally don't have a problem with it, but I'm certain it doesn't look anything like you. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

Hey Carz! I have to admit that with your avatar, things are looking up!

Or SOMETHING like that!
icon11.png
icon6.png
icon14.png

Mike150

I had to stare at that Avatar for 10 minutes before I realized there was SKY in the picture. Keep looking Pete. You'll see the sky some day.

Carz4ever

Thanks all For the Welcomes I guess !?!? hahaha. I use that Avatar in most of the forums I belong to but had to change it . I really want to learn some good stuff here. Thanks for the link to Hellenes Pix.

Mike150

Thanks all For the Welcomes I guess !?!? hahaha. I use that Avatar in most of the forums I belong to but had to change it . I really want to learn some good stuff here. Thanks for the link to Hellenes Pix.

Well that completely destroyed the directing this thread was headed. I like the Owl shot too. I guess you just can't get away from the Hooters.

Carz4ever

hahaha. Thanks Mike ! Yes and hOOters is a weekly stop of mine . I started going to meets with the subaru Club I belong to every week and it eventually puttered out but I got to have my weekly fix of wings plus I know all the girlies and they take good care of me. I never thought of the Owl and the 1st av being linked. I just didn't want to offend any of the ladies that are here. You've been here a while, what do you think ?;)

Carz4ever

Thanks Jack ! I have received so many warm welcomes and I am so looking forward to posting pics and questions. I have the camera for about 2 weeks and have been so busy at work that I've only took about 25 pics of my grandson so far. But will change soon and as the weather warms up I'm sure that it will be with me every day as I learn!
Thanks again !;)