More D800 news

Stangman98

From what I have read and heard this camera is supposed to be for sports and action stuff. I can't wait to see all the used D700's for sale when this comes out.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
From what I have read and heard this camera is supposed to be for sports and action stuff. I can't wait to see all the used D700's for sale when this comes out.

Before the D800 hits the stores and are really available could take a few months to say the least. Then, I'm not sure how many will absolutely want to get the 800. Not me for sure. I don't see the point (I'm just speaking for me now) to have these huge files to work with. I'm more than happy with the 700 as it is and, if I read what is said in other D700 forums, most users are so happy with theirs that they are in absolutely no hurry to change, specially with the $ involved in an upgrade.

Again, it's just my opinion and I'm certain it does not reflect all opinions.

DW_

Before the D800 hits the stores and are really available could take a few months to say the least. Then, I'm not sure how many will absolutely want to get the 800. Not me for sure. I don't see the point (I'm just speaking for me now) to have these huge files to work with. I'm more than happy with the 700 as it is and, if I read what is said in other D700 forums, most users are so happy with theirs that they are in absolutely no hurry to change, specially with the $ involved in an upgrade.

Again, it's just my opinion and I'm certain it does not reflect all opinions.

Good point on the giant files, however, it would be nice to have the ability to jump up the mp's on those rare opportunities when the sunset is just perfect and you want as much data as possible. But I agree, shooting in full 36 mp's wouldn't be a setting I would want for all my images.