Stuck on a topic...

Dave Hamilton

Do any of you ever get stuck on a topic?

Right now I seem to be attracted to old cemeteries. I'm finding that in our state (Louisiana) the cemeteries are so very interesting. For a month I've been stopping to look for interesting graves, old graves, and historical graves.

What will I ever do with these pictures? Probably put them in a folder and share them with students when they do social studies projects in Louisiana history class.

Last year for a while I was stuck on birds in flight. Prior to that it was tropical shots, sunsets, oil wells, etc...

Is this a problem for any of y'all? This is driving me nuts!

fotojack

hehehe...that's quite normal, Dave, to find yourself attracted to different subjects for long periods of time. That's what makes photography so interesting. There are so many different subjects to shoot, so don't feel bad if you get obsessed with graveyards or anything else, for that matter. :) Just move on to the next obsession when the time or inclination comes. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

I think that you are just hunting for a nice neighborhood for the after-life! :)

Seriously Dude, cemeteries are a way to bring history to life.

When you see a grave marker for a person, that marker can tell you a lot about how that person was received in life.

What was important and the type of person he or she was.

Don't let it bother you. Instead, let it drive you to learn MORE about the occupants!

BWTHDIK? :)

Rick M

I find myself obsessed with getting a certain shot or technique down that I won't move on until I get it right. Same thing with subjects I guess, you need to feel you have finished or captured all you can before you move on.

Obir

I'd think this is very normal.
As with any other art, you usually start to focus as your curiosity grows for a particular subject, genre, etc.
My latest victim was our dog. She got fed up with me fast :)