newbie from wv

crazyxc2448

Hello everyone im from wv i am new to dslr's i have a d3100 i got back in nov. I have the 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. I am really wanting to learn more about my camera and the tricks of the trade to being able to take amazing pictures. a good friend of mine(Mynameisray) joined yesterday like me so im hoping to meet new people and learn alot

Last edited:

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, crazy. We hope you'll have fun here while learning. Any questions...just ask. We'll do our best to get you the answers. Completing your profile with what gear you use, your location, etc. will go a long way in helping us help you. Enjoy. :)

crazyxc2448

Yeah i havent filled it all in but thanks for the welcome im hoping to be able to learn how to shoot cars photos thats my first reason i got my nikon

fotojack

Yeah I haven't filled it all in but thanks for the welcome. I'm hoping to be able to learn how to shoot car photos... that's the first reason I got my Nikon

Whenever you shoot anything that moves, shoot in Shutter Priority. If it's stationary, shoot in Manual or Aperture Priority. More lessons to come. :)

crazyxc2448

Yeah I stay a lot in "S" because I shoot pics for my sister basketball games but I mainly shoot pics of my car and my buddies rides but tonight I tried night shots but they aren't good :( i really don't know much about it how to set the shutter and the aperture cus I like the pics of the stars since I live in the country here in the great state of west virginia I really love my camera I just don't know a lot about it

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hello everyone im from wv i am new to dslr's i have a d3100 i got back in nov. I have the 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. I am really wanting to learn more about my camera and the tricks of the trade to being able to take amazing pictures. a good friend of mine(Mynameisray) joined yesterday like me so im hoping to meet new people and learn alot

Welcome to the forum. For now, I think a good external flash is needed with your kit lenses especially indoors if you want to really illuminate your subjects. Get a good flash like the Nikon SB 700. If that is way out of your budget, try this el cheapo flash for $30 bucks from walmart. It will minimize draining your camera battery.

Walmart.com: Targus Digital TG-DL20N Pro Electronic Flash for Nikon DSLR Cameras: Digital Cameras

crazyxc2448

As you can see I made this thread a while back lol but I'm back and wanting to know of any photographer in the Athens oh Parkersburg Wv area that would like to take some ATV racing shot I race gncc and local hare scrambles and I can't take pictures of myself lol