Upgraded to a D5100

trailertrash

from an other manufacturer. I dont know if its the done thing to mention the names. That camera served me well for 7 years and still serves my son.
However I do notice a real difference in the quality of the shots I have taken with the D5100 compared to the other, absent post processing.
I havent yet plucked up the courage to shoot in RAW, but I'm working on that. I have the 18-55 lens and the 70-200 both VR. I love this camera already.

Andrew

Clayton

RAW isn't so bad as long as you have some healthy editing/organizing programs to back it up. Nikon luckily supplies a great software suite to help you keep it all together but I highly recommend both Adobe Photoshop Elements(much cheaper than the full-on CSS) as well as a program called Photomatix Pro. You can also set the camera to take both a RAW file as well as a JPEG of any given photograph, very helpful when you want to quickly upload a smaller file size. I look forward to seeing some pictures!

trailertrash

Thank you Clayton. I have CS3 and Capture NX 2.3 and View NX 2. Hopefully I'll be able to master those although at my age the learning curve is a bit steeper. :)

Andrew