Yongnuo YN-467 - Wrong version shipped to me?

Rasmus

Hi all

So i ordered the YN-467 flash from an ebay seller, reliable sort with 1000's of trades and 99%+ rating, so that's all good.

The flash arrived in a few days, and all is well...except when i look at the back of it i noticed the dreaded words "For Canon"!

Well at this point i already have the thing unboxed and batteries insertet, so i put it on the hotshoe, and it fires up just fine, flash goes off with each shot, and it seems like all is well. It fires on manual setting fine too.

So my question is this: Am i missing some feature due to this thing being labelled Canon? This is my first flash, so i'm not really sure at all.

Considering it attaches to the hotshoe fine, and fires with the camera just fine, i'm leaning towards "all is good"

Is there a real difference between the yn467 for nikon, and the one for canon? (i don't expect i'll be using it as an external flash)

Yongnuo YN-467 Flash Speedlite for Nikon DSLR TTL D700 D90 D3X D200 D7000 D5100 (6947110910277) | eBay Is the place i bought it, i'm expecting he'll take it back no questions asked, but if the one saying "Nikon" isn't any better, i'll just save the shipping.

Berkerk

From what I've read there's a difference between the two models: the Nikon version has a manual zoom on the flash, whereas the canon one can only be adjusted through the camera.

Rasmus

The one i have has ttl, manual and sd1 and sd2 settings.

I would have thought that a "real" canon flash wouldn't work with my d3100 at all.
But since that isn't the case, i don't know what to make of it

fotojack

Well, from what I saw from the link you provided, that huge picture of the flash definitely said for Nikon ONLY on it. So it seems to me that they sent you the wrong one, therefor it's their mistake! Why wouldn't you want the correct flash for your Nikon? I certainly wouldn't want to put a Canon type flash on my Nikon. Different systems. Who knows what it will do down the road. Bite the bullet, return it, and specify that you want the flash that's marked for Nikon only. Or.......risk damaging your camera. Your choice.

Rasmus

I meant the Yongnuo YN-467 for Nikon :) Not exactly "real" nikon in that sense...but more real than the first one they shipped to me hehe