Greetings from Denmark

Rasmus

Hello all

I finally got around to making a post, after browsing the forums for a while now :)

I´m relatively new to the world of DSLR´s. I picked up my D3100 in late july, after researching for quite a while.

I decided to go for the 18-105 kit lens, to get a bit more options right from the start. And it was a great choice, which really kept my interest in photography going, since i had a lot more options for different picture types.

Going back a bit, i´ve always taken a lot of pictures, whenever i had a chance; the last few years i´ve been using a panasonic DZ-t3(iirc), which was a great compact camera back then.

So i made the move to dslr, and of course i had to start picking up gear for it fast´ish.

So other than the kit lens, i now have a Sigma 70-300 DG Macro(i find it to a lot better than most reviews like to point out, i´m getting really good action shots of the dog with it), other than that, i picked up a nikkor 35mm 1.8 recently, mainly to be used in social settings, and for taking pictures of my(as of yet unborn) daughter, who might not appreciate having a flash fired in her face several times a day.

My interests, picture wise, is action shots of the dog, hunt-related training, where he trails dummies across lakes and such, good fun capturing those moments. A bit of landscaping, and recently i´ve been experimenting a lot with old houses, trying to capture a certain mood from them. Of course i bring the camera along for all social gatherings, family and friends meeting up for various events.
And as previously mentioned, we are expecting our first child in a few weeks, so she´ll probably get a photographed a lot ;)

When i´m not taking pictures, i work as a high school teacher, history and social science.

Anyway, i´m looking forward to using the forums, and hoping to learn a lot while i´m here, and hopefully i can also start helping others a bit in time.

Rasmus

fotojack

Welcome aboard, Rasmus. Glad to have you here on the forums. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and joining in the discussions.

RickSawThat

Welcome to the site. We have a thread called project 365 where we post a new picture a day every day. Jump in - it's a ton of fun and pushes you to think about pictures every day. Some days are easy some days it's harder to be creative :)

We look forwrad to seeing your pictures soon and come check ours out. There is some amazing talent in this site once you start browsing everyone's work.