Hello from Upstate New York

Marine1931

I just purchased a D5100 last week and my brother, whom is also a Nikon user, suggested I join this site for questions, suggestions, and other useful information.

I've been browsing the site for an hour and so far I'm finding it very interesting.

I look forward to becoming more familiar with the site, but more importantly, I look forward to learning more about my new camera.

I also look forward to entering some of the weekly photo contests along the way.

Marine1931

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, marine. I'm sure you'll learn lots here. And here's your first tip: read your camera manual thoroughly! Any questions you have concerning your camera and photography in general..........don't be shy. :)

Marine1937

Welcome little brother, maybe not little but younger:)
I'm glad you decided to take the advice from your older, and wiser I might add, brother to join this forum.
You'll find Nikonites to be fun and a wealth of information and knowledge awaits you. As Jack stated, no matter how simple or difficult a situation or question may be, someone has been there done that, and is more than willing to help you solve it.
What better way to get your feet wet than by entering into the 365 contest, how hard can taking 1 picture per day for a year be :), you have until the 15th to catch up. I think it will be challenging and you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Patrick M

Do I sense some sibling rivalry? No doubt a photo-shoot out is on its way...
One pic each, each day for a year...then we vote! Loser gets to buy the winner a D4!!!! Lol

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Marine1931, welcome to Nikonites! Your D5100 is a very able and capable camera, there are lot's of folks here very experienced with that camera and lots of others willing to help anyway we can.