Hello

robbie_R

Hi there,

My name is Robbie I'm fairly new to photography. I love taking automotive pictures, I've mainly been using point and shoot cameras and I've borrowed a friend's Canon Rebel. I've also liked Nikons, because of my Father's 35mm SLR film camera. I managed to score D3000 cheap for boxing day. And I finally started playing around with photoshop. I'm just here to learn and get some info :)

Here's a link to most of my shots www.flickr.com/robbie_r

Here's my first photoshop attempt
IMG_3284_edited-1.jpg

gav329

Hi robbie

Good to see you on Nikonites

Nice Subaru pic!!!

You'll enjoy it on this forum.

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Robbie, welcome to Nikonites, Now that you have that new Nikon you can crank up the shutter speed and capture the car in focus, good attemp. There are a lot of folks here will to help you out with your new camera, don't be afraid to speak up and ask.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Robbie. Good first shot. A suggestion: when shooting anything that moves, including fast moving cars or motorcycles, shoot in Shutter Priority Mode. It ups the shutter speed so it freezes the motion. Even some point & shoots have that mode. Try it...you'll like it. :)

robbie_R

Great thanks for the Tip Jack! I'll know for next time as I do intend to take a lot of moving pictures. Here's a couple from the new camera just messing around outside. DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0017.jpg