Greetings from Hungary!

emelemkalapom

Hi everyone!
My name is Tamás and I am from Budapest - I have been shooting dslr-s for less than two years, but I was always the "guy with the camera". Primarily I am (was?) interested in shooting to have pictures to look at later, invoking memories: surprising, eh?:) I fortunately travel quite a lot and my city is amazingly beautiful so there are plenty of subjects to take photos of. The last couple of months I got interested in the techniques and science involved in photography, started reading related books and webpages, but I try not to lose the primary focus o n being creative and having fun. I am not sure how active I will be on this forum but I see there are weekly challenges and so on, might be a good motivator to make me go out and take pictures even when it is cold and dark and not quite friendly like right now:)

Best,
T

(below is a pic taken in Mansfeld Peter park in Buda. The head of the statue of M. Peter is visible: he is one of the youngest victims of the 1956 revolution in Hungary - he had been executed a few years later, right after he turned 18, for trying to keep the revolution alive. In the background a blurry chunk of the Buda area)
tumblr_lvv5c9xgM31qdjl8do1_500.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Tamas. I had the chance to visit your wonderful city last summer and found great photography opportunities there. I hope you enjoy our forums.

Marcel

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Welcome! I really like your picture and the story behind it!

My grandmother was from Hungary; Herend to be exact. If you've ever been to the town I'd love to see your pictures :)

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Tamás, welcome to Nikonites! I hope you find the forum helpful and I am looking forward to seeing from pics from you home. I like your approach, work hard at photography but always remember to have fun.