Hello from Sarasota

piddymom

Hi. I have a D3100, just bought a 35mm 1.8 lens, Can someone please PLEASE help me with the manual settings of the camera.........M A S P, I need an explanation of when and how to use them !!! I have been playing with the camera but would kind of like a synopsis of what the settings do, when to use them, etc :confused: I have been experimenting, but by the time I find the right setting, the moment is gone :mad: Any help would be appreciated, and please be patient !!!! TY

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Hi. I have a D3100, just bought a 35mm 1.8 lens, Can someone please PLEASE help me with the manual settings of the camera.........M A S P, I need an explanation of when and how to use them !!! I have been playing with the camera but would kind of like a synopsis of what the settings do, when to use them, etc :confused: I have been experimenting, but by the time I find the right setting, the moment is gone :mad: Any help would be appreciated, and please be patient !!!! TY

Here is a VERY short explanation of MASP:

M = Manual Mode.
A = Aperture Mode
S = Shutter Mode
P = Program Mode

The rest is in your owners manual. :)

When starting out, leave it in Program Mode for now. As you progress, switch to Aperture Mode. Just don't get ahead of yourself in your enthusiasm to learn. It takes time, bud.......no way around it. In the meantime, get out there and have fun taking pics......and let's see what ya got! :) Welcome to Nikonites. :) In the immortal words of Schultz...'You vill learn, und you vill like it!' :)

jcottone45

Here is a VERY short explanation of MASP:

M = Manual Mode.
A = Aperture Mode
S = Shutter Mode
P = Program Mode

The rest is in your owners manual. :)

When starting out, leave it in Program Mode for now. As you progress, switch to Aperture Mode. Just don't get ahead of yourself in your enthusiasm to learn. It takes time, bud.......no way around it. In the meantime, get out there and have fun taking pics......and let's see what ya got! :) Welcome to Nikonites. :) In the immortal words of Schultz...'You vill learn, und you vill like it!' :)

And I thought Schultz only said "I No Nothing I see nothing"

Welcome to the site Piddymom,you'll get a lot of help from the people here, they're a friendly bunch.