Do Canadians watch...

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
...How I met your mother? Cause it's hilarious. Not to mention Cobie Smulders is actually from Canada (BC).

fotojack

LOL!! I love it! :) Yeah, love that beaver pie! Nothin' like it! :) LOL

Canadian Beaver.jpeg

Last edited:

Browncoat

I thought you all were lumberjacks who lived in log cabins (with a big ole dish so you can watch hockey) and made maple syrup all day?

Browncoat

I'm not a fan of the show, personally. It's one of those things I'll watch if there's nothing else on except old Star Trek re-runs...and even then it might be a tossup.

It's quirky funny, and I just don't get the voiceover stuff. I mean...so...which one is the kid's mother? Or is that the running gag? Neil Patrick Harris is funny, but mostly because he's gay in real life and on the show he's a womanizer. That and because, well, he's Doogie Howser.

fotojack

I thought you all were lumberjacks who lived in log cabins (with a big ole dish so you can watch hockey) and made maple syrup all day?

OK, so we forgot to mention that! :) That's a big part of our every day lives, too. :) lol

*I gotta tell ya.....this cracks me up all the time. :)*

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It's quirky funny, and I just don't get the voiceover stuff. I mean...so...which one is the kid's mother? Or is that the running gag?
It's just a running gag. The idea being that the father tells stupidly long and detailed stories and a lot of things you normally wouldn't tell your kids. Although he does substitute some things like pot with 'really awesome sandwiches'. Oh, and the voice is Bob Saget.

The creators said that when the series ends you will figure out who their mother is, but right now the show just takes you through everyone's relationships with eachother.

Neil Patrick Harris is funny, but mostly because he's gay in real life and on the show he's a womanizer. That and because, well, he's Doogie Howser.

Please.
[video]http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=935261[/video]