Newbie from Greece

mariosraptor

Hi everyone. Nice to join your community. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot.
I’m new to this and waiting these days for my D500 arrival. I got it with the 16-80 kit.
Bought myself a Sony G series xqd card and a case to get me started.
If have any advice for me I’ll really appreciate it.
The usage will be primarily landscape shooting.
Thank you all.

Welcome to the forum.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

Danno

Welcome to the forum. I learned a lot from the folks here. I do recommend when you get a new camera download the manual. It is easier to search for things that way, and pick up a handbook on it. They just help a lot getting familiar with the model. I like the ones written by David Busch, but there are others that are good as well.

Both items helped me with my two Nikons. Again, Welcome to the forum.

mariosraptor

thanks you very much. already downloaded the manual from Nikon's site. and the menu guide manual. the camera is on its way though. can't wait :)

mariosraptor

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!!!

I think you'll love the D500, and that Sony XQD card is the same series I'm using. Enjoy!

Thank you. Yes the card arrived at 64gb plus I got an microsdxc with adapter, again at 64gb from Toshiba rated at 90mb/s.
The bad news is that I got a word from seller that it might take some more days for the camera to reach me. I wish I have it here for the weekend so I can start and hav some checking on my free time.

Whiskeyman

Welcome to nikonites.com. I hope your D500 arrives soon, and that you learn to love what you can do with it quickly. I suggest that you find some processing software if you haven't already do so. Since you're planning on using a DX-format camera for landscapes, you might enjoy what you can do with photo stitching software. That way, you can use several photos to generate more expansive landscape photos. I know, through a co-worker, that your opportunities for scenic and landscape photography in Greece are fantastic. I look forward to seeing your photos when you post them.

WM