New here from Tennessee

NikonThom

Hello everyone, I'm new here from Kingston TN, near Knoxville. I've been in photography for over 40 years as an avid amateur but I am always looking for fresh new ideas and tips. Lately I've been shooting with a Fuji Finepix S3 Pro, but when the main board went out recently I bought a refurbished Nikon D5000. I've had it for a couple of months and really enjoy it a lot. I have a couple of DX lenses and a bunch of older Nikkor lenses I used on my film cameras.

I'm just starting to learn about HDR photography, and I want to learn how to make really good ones myself. I am 60 years old, a Southern Baptist Pastor, and have been happily married for 40 years. My wife even tolerates my passion for photography and camera equipment!!

I look forward to learning a great deal here on this forum. What I have seen so far is very encouraging!

Thom Tapp (NikonThom)

gav329

Hi thom

Good to hear from you, I've not been lucky enough to get to the states but hope to some day!! I've got my camera but hmmm still saving for a lense!! Think the 18-105 to start my nikon collection off!! I'll post some pics when I do that for you no problem. Welcome to nikonites!!

Lee

Hi Thom :) And welcome. I'd love to see some of your pictures when you start experimenting with HDR. I think it's awesome!

Gav, my first DSLR's kit lens packed up and wasn't worth fixing and I invested (against the advice of some folk) in the 18-105. It's a great all purpose lens and you won't regret it. Worth the wait if you have to save for it!

gav329

Hi Lee good to hear from you, that's good to hear about the 18-105 cheers. I'm pretty certain its what I'll get initially, thanks for the advice.

gav329

Hi Thom yes the 18-70 is another consideration, it gets good reviews too I've seen. Just thought maybe the wee bit extra range be useful but I'll have a look at the 18-70 too. Thanks

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Thom, welcome to Nikonites! This is a great place to learn and meet some nice folks along the way. You can find some folks here that have been doing HDR for quite awhile and are really knowledgeable. You can do HDR from several free apps and even in CS5 so jump on in, the waters fine.