Here's a cool tip....

fotojack

Forgot Your Polarizer? You can add some "umph" to a sky by color sampling the blue (in Lightroom, Aperture, or ACR), then increasing the saturation and decreasing the luminance. Try it with one of your favorite landscape shots.

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Forgot Your Polarizer? You can add some "umph" to a sky by color sampling the blue (in Lightroom, Aperture, or ACR), then increasing the saturation and decreasing the luminance. Try it with one of your favorite landscape shots.

Thanks for the tip Jack. I used Nikon NX2 most of the time and I'll give this a try using CS5. I normally use Vivid just to increase the saturation even more whenever I want to get a deep blue sky. Here is a sample and I also used a CP with this shot.

Building parking lot Yokosuka Naval Base by gqtuazon, on Flickr

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Going back to what Jack have started, I did a couple of test shots yesterday using (1) standard picture control and (2) modified Vivid version on my camera. Here are the two different results that I got without using a CPL filter. These were NEF files converted to jpg and re-sized using Nikon NX2. What do you guys think?

(1) Standard Picture control

standard_picture_control.jpg

(2) Vivid-2 (modified in camera presets)

Vivid.jpg