PhotoBlog

Fortkentdad

So, Corel sends me their weekly Discovery Newsletter of tips, tutorials, and other bits of sales propaganda disguised as a newsletter. I like it. They always include a couple of freebies for those of use who like to get free stuff just because. Can always use a new frame for my photo program or a new plugin.

Last week one of their free offers was a year's subscription to Photoblog. I've thought of blogging but never got around to it. So I checked out https://www.photoblog.com/about/and was intrigued. Seems totally legit. The offer was for a year of their "Pro Level" subscription (normally $20).

So I bite and dive in.

Is anyone else here a blogger?

If you want to see my first efforts at blogging go here: https://www.photoblog.com/fortkentdad/

BTW - I first searched our form for the term "photoblog' to see if anyone had mentioned it. The search returned many pages, but when I looked and then did a CTR-F search for the word 'photoblog' that word was not on the pages our search engine returned as hits? Usually if you search for a term and that string of letters is not found, the search engine returns "sorry no matches found" but ours gives a page of posts none of which as far as I could tell contain the word being searched for? Hmmm? How does that work?

ejronin

In context to what I think you're asking about, "photoblog" is more a type than a literal name. You'll not often find the term "PhotoBlog" within the pages of a PhotoBlog because people generally don't meta that kind of thing within itself. Photoblog, or searching for others would be best done searching tags or slugs when you get into blogging.

Last edited:

nickt

Nice job! Enjoy.

Nikonite search tip: You can go to google and type something like "photoblog site:nikonites.com" and it will do a smart search as usual, but limited to nikonites. There is a way to save a custom site search for google. I forget off hand how I did it, but I have a button I added on my browser toolbar that launches a google search window limited to Nikonites. Depending on the topic, it can get me more useful results than nikonites search.

Fortkentdad

Thanks for the tip about using Google to search Nikonites Nick.
I tried that and got a couple of hits of old posts that used the term "photoblog" but none of them were about "photoblog.com" but those hits made more sense.

Ejronin - I was using "photoblog" in the hopes of finding someone saying they had one - perhaps even on the "photoblog.com" website. I was actually surprised that the "word' photoblog does not appear much in Nikonites at all - Nick's suggested returned two cases where the string "photoblog" was used in this forum.

I tend to search the site before posting something new just to see if there is already a discussion of this kind. But in this case I guess not.

There are so many websites, blog sites, forums and 'internet cafe's" and photo hosting sites like Flickr and so on. Each one has it's own niche.

SkvLTD

Sooooo, is the main question - do any of us blog (using or about photos predominantly)? I need to get back to it and press harder, also fix up some of my older posts or overhaul couple of my hands-on reviews, mostly for the sake of SEO of the whole site. Feel free to check mine on my website.

A photoblog might be interesting but only if you keep it up. Talk a little about where you went to shoot and maybe even why you went there. Just random musings about your photo obsessions. I have never been that disciplined.

Fortkentdad

A photoblog might be interesting but only if you keep it up. Talk a little about where you went to shoot and maybe even why you went there. Just random musings about your photo obsessions. I have never been that disciplined.

I hear you Don

It could easily become yet another project started and never completed.

It is one of those things that I think I might do . . . but fear I won't keep it up.

Fortkentdad

Sooooo, is the main question - do any of us blog (using or about photos predominantly)? I need to get back to it and press harder, also fix up some of my older posts or overhaul couple of my hands-on reviews, mostly for the sake of SEO of the whole site. Feel free to check mine on my website.

Took a very quick peek at your blog

Gotta come back when I have some more time to savour that eye candy you have there. Sweet stuff.

as for the main question . . .

Sure - I was asking if there are bloggers here? And if they blog on Photoblog.com in particular.

As I'm just looking at the idea of blogging I thought I'd hear from those who do blog to get some tips from bloggers who blog.

And then I muddied the waters with that bit about how the search engine didn't seem to work for me. Need to apply the KISS principal to my posts.

SkvLTD

Well, for starters, I have no idea what photoblog.com is (aside from learning about it from your post), and the 2 most popular platforms still are blogger aka blogspot and wordpress. Many custom sites use wordpress engine as the base, my own included.

RocketCowboy

I have visions of starting my photography blog, and even moved my former motorcycle blog to a sub folder to make room for the photography blog, but I haven't made the first post yet:

I like the idea, just trying to find the discipline and the topics as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortkentdad

I have visions of starting my photography blog, and even moved my former motorcycle blog to a sub folder to make room for the photography blog, but I haven't made the first post yet:

I like the idea, just trying to find the discipline and the topics as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my fear - adding yet another item to my "projects started but not yet completed" list. Although like a diary a blog is never done, that and weeding the garden.

And topics - yes, I'm trying to make myself think of it as creative discipline - a form of mental exercise. Unfortunately sometimes my only mental exercise is jumping to conclusions.

Fortkentdad

Like a diary, you just write it as things happen and keep on keeping on.

If you read my Blog that is my first post - this is my on-line open diary. If others read it, that's OK, but it is more of a mental exercise than a marketing blog as some are. Better this than my normal mental exercise of just jumping to conclusions.

Up to post number four now.

See how long I can do this.

https://www.photoblog.com/fortkentdad/