Camera RAW and D610

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
For a while I hadn't used my D610 much as the D750 is my main camera. When I go to change the Camera Profile info, I get all these v2 options which don't show up when I edit images taken with my D750 and D7100. Just curious if other people get this. Or possibly it is a computer glitch. There isn't any difference when viewing the v2 option when compared with the corresponding original option.

PCC.jpg

Horoscope Fish

For a while I hadn't used my D610 much as the D750 is my main camera. When I go to change the Camera Profile info, I get all these v2 options which don't show up when I edit images taken with my D750 and D7100. Just curious if other people get this. Or possibly it is a computer glitch. There isn't any difference when viewing the v2 option when compared with the corresponding original option.
Generally speaking "v2" profiles are updated versions of the original and are camera specific; that's why you don't see them for every camera. You could probably Google what the v2 profiles do for the D610, specifically, if you want. The Adobe forums, or Adobe Tech support, would be the place to ping for specific answers.

The exact reason for a v2 profile varies but typically it's to correct an issue in the original profile such as banding or to tweak exposure. If your images aren't exhibiting the issue addressed in the v2 profile, you won't notice any difference between the two.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Generally speaking "v2" profiles are updated versions of the original and are camera specific; that's why you don't see them for every camera. You could probably Google what the v2 profiles do for the D610, specifically, if you want. The Adobe forums, or Adobe Tech support, would be the place to ping for specific answers.

The exact reason for a v2 profile varies but typically it's to correct an issue in the original profile such as banding or to tweak exposure. If your images aren't exhibiting the issue addressed in the v2 profile, you won't notice any difference between the two.

Ahh...thank you, Fish! ;) Good to know. I wondered if it was simply a computer glitch as I haven't encountered it previously.

BackdoorArts

I'm guessing that with cameras that see a "minor upgrade", like the D600 to D610, or D300 to D300s, Adobe may base the initial set of profiles on the prior model since the changes are more feature, firmware, and hardware fix than sensor related. At some later point a second set of options is made available based on differences resulting from firmware tweaks. In general the differences are almost imperceptible, but I suspect they remain since prior editing based on the original profiles would be "changed" in Lightroom if they simply just applied the minor tweeks to the existing versions.