I finally managed to get out and do some shooting today

STM

Around Gainesville, McIntosh and Micanopy. The Beast and mini-Beast got a good workout today.

And before you ask, most of the EXIF data is incorrect because I honestly can't be bothered to change it because I use all manual focus AIS and it is a PITA to bother with.

This little critter (it's a "baby", probably no more than 4 feet if that) was sitting in very small pond not 10 feet from me the whole time I was shooting the cranes. At first I thought it was just a piece of wood in the water until I got closer and saw it was actually a young gator

Sandhill Crane

Great Egret (this one shot at a distance)

While I was shooting the birds at a distance another Great Egret landed on a fence post not 20 feet from me. I had to switch gears quickly to get some closeups before it flew away

This Sandhill Crane female was on her nest incubating eggs. At first I was wondering if she was dead because her eyelids were shut and she was just lay motionless but eventually she opened her eyes and moved a little bit and I knew all was well.

Snowy Egret

And finally, the obligatory Spanish Moss shot, it is everywhere. This image looks a lot better in B&W I think

I also shot a bunch of stuff with the Nikon F and TRI-X but the roll is not yet finished so I have to wait until it is done and process the film. There was a very old small cemetery out near Micanopy FL and I shot a lot of the old head stones (some 150 years old and in remarkably good shape) with the venerable 10.5cm f2.5 Nikkor-P.

Last edited: