On my 3rd D7000 still have circle spots

picme

I have been a die-hard Nikon fan for years and am quite surprised when I purchased my first D7000 the photos had round spots. Not dirt specs. These are perfectly round. I first noticed them when I was viewing photos with a clear blue sky. I brought it back to BB and they gave me another D7000. Thankful that I got an exchange with no problem I shot some pics and noticed same problem but the spot was in a different location than the first D7000. I am now on my 3rd D7000 and once again I have "spotted" (no pun intended) the spot again.
Tell me fellow Nikoners...anyone having this problem?
I'd appreciate some thoughts on this issue.

AxeMan - Rick S.

I don't remember if it was here or some where on the web, but I have heard complaints about this before. If I'm not mistaken it's the oil Nikon use to oil the mirror hinge and it's a hit or miss thing. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. I don't have the time right now to provide you with links. Do a web search using "D7000 oil spots" and see if this sounds like what your experiencing.

What I would do is print out photos with the spots, and print out any information from the web that deals with the same problem and take it back to BB and get another replacement.

Browncoat

You're absolutely right, Rick. Oil spots on the sensor has been a long-running problem associated with the D7000. I have read from several sources that the problem was first noticed in earlier production runs, possibly through the late part of 2010. I would hope that Nikon has it corrected by now.

Here's a link to the topic on Nikon's Facebook page about the oil spots.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother attempting to wet clean the sensor. If you don't know what you're doing, it will only make matters worse. I would demand a full refund from BB and purchase your D7000 elsewhere. BB probably has some older models in stock, and the next one you get will probably have oil spots too.

Try ordering a new D7000 from your local camera store. Even if they have one in stock, make sure they order one specifically for you so that you're certain to get a newer model that has resolved this issue. Even if you order online somewhere else, you never know how old their stock is and you'll be spinning the roulette wheel again.