Hi from Miami, FL.

Ripeart

Hi there. I joined this site awhile back, have already made a few posts, yet never 'formally' introduced myself until now. I've read a lot of posts and am already getting used to seeing the regular contributors' avatars/pics!

I am not an experienced photographer at all. Just about a year ago, I developed an intense interest in taking pictures. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the technical matters a little better now. Well, at least not everything is over or underexposed anymore! I am an experienced musician and when I'm playing, I'm able to play what I hear in my head (mostly), without having to work out how it's done, or practice it too much. I hope to become as proficient with my photography equipment one day! Of course, I've been a musician for 20 years and I hope it doesn't take that long. Well, I've learned a some things about learning since then, so we'll see!

I look forward to sharing, and learning from you folks. :)

This is me and my wife and our new son. This is son #3, out of 3 boys, and 3 girls.

Family-1.jpg

Last edited:

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Welcome, this is a pretty cool site. Neat to hear about the musical side. My dad is like that. Can pick up any instrument and play a song after an hour of messing with the instrument. His fave is by far the guitar. Me, I can't play anything. But I have a nack for firearms and other outdoor related things

Mike150

Welcome to the site. Wow!! Six kids. The two kids I have are driving me crazy, and they're both over 30. The good thing is they each have two so I get lots of grand kid photo time

jcottone45

Hi, and welcome. Wow six kids & your not gray yet!!! You both look very young & I want to wish you both lots of luck, and to your entire family too!!!

fotojack

Welcome to the site, Ripeart. We all had to start somewhere and for all different reasons. The main thing is.......we started! :) Enjoy the site and look forward to your contributions to the site......pictorally or otherwise. :)