Hello from Chattanooga, TN

trxlation

Hey guys, my name is Trxlation and I'm from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I stumbled upon this forum awhile back but I'm just now joining.
I've been a photographer for about three years now. I have experience in most areas of photography, but I'm known for my street, landscape, and portrait photography. If you'd like to check out my work, you can visit my website: www.trxlation.com
For whatever reason, when I started building a following on social media I chose to go under an artist name instead of my actual name. That artist name is Trxlation, and it's just the word "translation" with a few changes to it. I chose the word "translation" because for me, photography is like translating a foreign language. Many times while out shooting photos, I'm approached by people curious about what I'm doing. I explain that I'm taking photos, and when they look at what I'm photographing, they don't understand why I would take a picture of that. Then, on the back of my camera, I'll show them the photo I just took and it makes sense to them. They like the photo, they think it's cool, but without me showing it to them they would've never seen things the way I saw it. I like to say that I translate the visual language.
I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum!

RocketCowboy

Howdy trxlation and welcome to Nikonites! There are a few other Tennesseeans (if that's the right way to spell that) on here, and maybe a former Memphian or two, but looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Blacktop

Hey guys, my name is Trxlation and I'm from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I stumbled upon this forum awhile back but I'm just now joining.
I've been a photographer for about three years now. I have experience in most areas of photography, but I'm known for my street, landscape, and portrait photography. If you'd like to check out my work, you can visit my website: www.trxlation.com
For whatever reason, when I started building a following on social media I chose to go under an artist name instead of my actual name. That artist name is Trxlation, and it's just the word "translation" with a few changes to it. I chose the word "translation" because for me, photography is like translating a foreign language. Many times while out shooting photos, I'm approached by people curious about what I'm doing. I explain that I'm taking photos, and when they look at what I'm photographing, they don't understand why I would take a picture of that. Then, on the back of my camera, I'll show them the photo I just took and it makes sense to them. They like the photo, they think it's cool, but without me showing it to them they would've never seen things the way I saw it. I like to say that I translate the visual language.
I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum!

Welcome, from Cleveland, Tennessee. I like to walk around Downtown taking shots, especially at night. Hope you stick around.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome to the forum. It is a great bunch of folks with different degrees of experience. You will probably be able to help some and some may be able to help you. It is a learning place for all. Enjoy the fun.