Today, I was reminded why....

480sparky

.... I no longer do commission work. Especially portraits.

My next-door neighbor's 11-YO grand-daughter stopped by and begged me to take some photos of her since she was all dressed up to go to a wedding. So I grudgingly obliged her.

D62_3817%20post.jpg

D62_3815%20post.jpg

D62_3794%20post.jpg

D62_3729%20post.jpg

D62_3742%20post.jpg

I'm sure I'd never make it as a portrait photographer these days. I missed focus on many otherwise decent images, and wasn't watching my ISO, which caused them to come out very noisy.

Plus, I really wasn't feeling up to the task as I was beat to death from crawling around in an attic all week at work. Maybe someday, I can talk her folks into setting up a real, proper session.

Anyway..... fire away with your comments!

She's 11 !!!! She is a natural at this. It would be worth you time to set up the proper place and time to shoot her properly. Make sure mom is on site at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Nice job for a spur of the moment shoot, Sparky.

Off topic: You made a comment about being in an attic all week and it reminded me once again why I built my house with a 5/12 pitch, I can stand up and walk in the attic. Too many years crawling around in them. Not fun. Ha!

480sparky

Nice job for a spur of the moment shoot, Sparky.

Off topic: You made a comment about being in an attic all week and it reminded me once again why I built my house with a 5/12 pitch, I can stand up and walk in the attic. Too many years crawling around in them. Not fun. Ha!

Well, this attic was built 7 years before I was born, so I really didn't have much say in it.

480sparky

So why were you crawling around in an ld attic ?

50's-era motel lost it's boiler system and the fire marshal requires heat in the rooms for winter. The attic, while not fun, was the easiest way to get wiring to new heaters in the rooms.

Trust me. We're being well-paid for this.

480sparky

She's 11 !!!! She is a natural at this. It would be worth you time to set up the proper place and time to shoot her properly. Make sure mom is on site at all times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. A 'proper' shoot, even with multiple wardrobe changes, is in order. Would be a good job for my Tair 135/2.8.