Does a refurbished camera have

a shutter count intact? Paul

I bought a REfurbished D7000 and it did have some clicks on it when I got it. Not very many though. Only a few hundred. I was told that it probably was a store demo that got sent back for refurb and then resold. Never had any problems with it.

I would highly suggest Cameras for Sale | Buy a Digital Camera from Cameta Camera since they give a 1 year warranty on all their refubbished gear instead of just a 90 day. Make me feel better about buying refurbished gear.

RocketCowboy

I'll second Don's recommendation of Cameta. We got our D5300 from Cameta and had a great experience.

I don't think Nikon resets the shutter count even when they overhaul the shutter mechanism itself, so the count should be there and accurate. There have been a few threads here about shutter counts found on camera bodies, both new and refurbished.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I purchased my refurbished D7100 directly from Nikon. It had 39 actuations on it.

Danno

I got my D7200 directly from Nikon. Had less than 50 actuations of the shutter when I checked it. I had test fired it a few times before I thought to check it.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
In all of the refurb cameras that I have heard about, none had 0 shutter actuations. They all had low numbers, under 10 to a few thousand.