Tamron 60mm SP vs Nikon??

Dsiner

Looking to get a macro lens in this range, I have read the Tamron is a pretty good lens. Anyone have any experience with this lens? What Nikon is the rival? Considering the Tamron is f/2. Going on a D3200

Horoscope Fish

Looking to get a macro lens in this range, I have read the Tamron is a pretty good lens. Anyone have any experience with this lens? What Nikon is the rival? Considering the Tamron is f/2. Going on a D3200
The Nikon equivalent would be the 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro.

While I don't own either lens I have shot with the Tamron 60mm f/2 Di II LD IF and it's undoubtedly an excellent lens.

nickt

I love the Tamron 60. Earlier this year I got the Sigma 105 that I thought would replace it, but I decided the 60mm is worth keeping. Its small and lightweight compared to the 105. I like the extra reach the 105 gives me at mid-distance. At minimum 1:1 distance though there is only a small difference. And for a lot of things, I prefer the lesser reach of the 60mm. There are some shots from both the 105 and the 60 in my nikonites gallery. Probably none of them are shot at minimum distance. I like to back up, stop down, use flash, and crop the final image. It makes for quick handheld auto-focused shots with some compromise of image quality from the very high aperture and cropping.

The Tamron is a DX lens, so keep that in mind if you long range plans. I got mine mine way back and I can't remember if I got a $50 or $100 rebate, but I've always been happy with it. I think it would a great lens on your d3200.

aroy

I think that the Nikon 60mm has better optics and it focuses on a flat plane, unlike most lenses where the focus is on a curved plane. If you are going to shoot flat objects - stamps, coins or old photographs, then this is the lens to have. In case you have a lot of old negatives and slides, then this lens with an adapter from Nikon is all that you need.

If your shots are predominantly of nature - flowers and insects then either lens will do.

Here is link to DXO comparison,
https://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Comp...Nikon-on-Nikon-D3200__984_801_812_801_495_801
The "D" version is the best, but you will have only Manual Focus on D3200