Anvil Head

480sparky

No, not the type you find at the village smithy's.

Went out last night for a ride on the bike trail (with my new Terra Trike Tour II) and was facing this for about half an hour:

Anvilhead%20post.jpg

Sorry for the low quality.... I only had my cellphone with me. I have yet to rig up a holder for my Sony a6300.

Blacktop

No, not the type you find at the village smithy's.

Went out last night for a ride on the bike trail (with my new Terra Trike Tour II) and was facing this for about half an hour:

Anvilhead%20post.jpg

Sorry for the low quality.... I only had my cellphone with me. I have yet to rig up a holder for my Sony a6300.

It must be nice riding a bike in Iowa. All flat terrain. A person can get a heart attack doing that around here.:)

Whiskeyman

Hate to tell you this, but if you want flat you need to go to Kansas.

No kidding. I went there and I thought I saw something that I'd never seen before in the distance, but I just couldn't make out what it was. Then I concentrated and stared at the object for a few seconds before I realized that it was the back of my head! ;)

WM

Blacktop

I drove through it a few times. Got fantastic fuel mileage.

By any measure, Florida takes the prize for the flattest state in the nation because the highest point in the state is only 345 feet above sea level. Then Illinois, North Dakota, Louisiana, Minnesota and Delaware follow. Kansas merely ranks seventh in flatness.

https://news.ku.edu/2014/02/06/research-if-you-think-kansas-flattest-us-state-youre-plain-wrong

480sparky

No kidding. I went there and I thought I saw something that I'd never seen before in the distance, but I just couldn't make out what it was. Then I concentrated and stared at the object for a few seconds before I realized that it was the back of my head! ;)

WM

Last time I drove through Kansas, I saw something ahead on the horizon. An hour later, it was still there. Two hours later, I passed it.

It was a tree.

"A general tilt of the land does not affect human perception that much, but it can skew a mathematical analysis," said Dobson. That is why many people think of Kansas as flat, he thinks, even though the state gradually rises from an elevation of 679 feet (207 meters) in the east to 4,039 feet (1,231 meters) in the west.

480sparky

"A general tilt of the land does not affect human perception that much, but it can skew a mathematical analysis," said Dobson. That is why many people think of Kansas as flat, he thinks, even though the state gradually rises from an elevation of 679 feet (207 meters) in the east to 4,039 feet (1,231 meters) in the west.

Glass in my windows is flat as well.