Possibilities...?

Gruyanidas

I'm sorry guys for asking such a question but due to my unexperience I need to know it before scene happens and want to be just prepared.
I have been flyfishing for years and I want to capture myself doing some moves there and my question is: Is it possible to set camera on tripod with self timer mode on, seting the scene and everything on the river bank and then jump in the scene and be captured in focus by camera and what set up would be the best for desired picture?

Послато са SM-G903F уз помоћ Тапатока

Horoscope Fish

I'm sorry guys for asking such a question but due to my unexperience I need to know it before scene happens and want to be just prepared.
I have been flyfishing for years and I want to capture myself doing some moves there and my question is: Is it possible to set camera on tripod with self timer mode on, seting the scene and everything on the river bank and then jump in the scene and be captured in focus by camera and what set up would be the best for desired picture?
Is it possible? Sure. But it may not be easy. I would suggest you get a wireless shutter release to use along with the camera's built in timer. To setup your scene, you are going to need to plan where you are going to be standing, and you are going to need to focus the camera on something very close to where you are standing and use an aperture that will give you a decent depth of field. That or learn to set the hyperfocal distance on the lens you will be using. Then start shooting and see what you get. Make adjustments and keep shooting until you get the shots you want.

Gruyanidas

Is it possible? Sure. But it may not be easy. I would suggest you get a wireless shutter release to use along with the camera's built in timer. To setup your scene, you are going to need to plan where you are going to be standing, and you are going to need to focus the camera on something very close to where you are standing and use an aperture that will give you a decent depth of field. That or learn to set the hyperfocal distance on the lens you will be using. Then start shooting and see what you get. Make adjustments and keep shooting until you get the shots you want.
Thanks Paul! I agree on that it wouldn't be easy but I will try it during this weekend. I already ordered wireless remote controler and will give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Послато са SM-G903F уз помоћ Тапатока