Graphic tablet

Gruyanidas

Do you have and using some of them and did you find it practical? If so, which one is most suitable for photoshop?

Послато са SM-G903F уз помоћ Тапатока

Gruyanidas

Apologies if I named it incorrectly... Input device with a pad and pen which basically replace mouse.

Horoscope Fish

Do you have and using some of them and did you find it practical? If so, which one is most suitable for photoshop?

I use a Wacom Intuos tablet and I like it a lot. It takes a little getting used to but for detailed retouching there's nothing better.

Gruyanidas

I use a Wacom Intuos tablet and I like it a lot. It takes a little getting used to but for detailed retouching there's nothing better.
What about the size of the tablet? For the fotoshop and foto retouching how convenient is to use for example intious small tablet?

Horoscope Fish

What about the size of the tablet? For the fotoshop and foto retouching how convenient is to use for example intious small tablet?

For photo-editing a smaller tablet is better because they are more efficient. For instance, if the working surface of the tablet is 15cm wide, at most you have to move your hand/wrist/pen 15cm to work on a photo, no matter how big your computer monitor is. If your tablet is really, really big, with say 50cm of working surface, you have to move your hand/wrist/pen more than three times as far to do the same amount of work as you did on the smaller tablet. I hope that makes sense. That might not sound important, but believe me, it is. Small tablets are better for photo-editing because they mean less work for you.

Last edited:

Gruyanidas

For photo-editing a smaller tablet is better. It is difficult to explain why but let me try. If the working surface of the tablet is 25cm wide, at most you have to move your hand/wrist/pen 25cm to work on a photo. If your tablet is really big, with say 100cm of working surface, you have to move your hand/wrist/pen four times as much to do the same thing as on the smaller tablet. I hope that makes sense. That might not sound important, but believe me, it is. Small tablets are better for photo-editing; trust me on this.
Then even better because they are even cheaper. I have been thinking in the same way like bigger tablet are in use for creating animations and so on, however the small ones are better for retouching but I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for answer.

Horoscope Fish

Then even better because they are even cheaper. I have been thinking in the same way like bigger tablet are in use for creating animations and so on, however the small ones are better for retouching but I wasn't sure about it. Thanks for answer.

For actually drawing or creating art, using something like Illustrator or what have you, a bigger tablet is probably better. For photo-retouching, smaller is definitely better. And yes, smaller is also a LOT less expensive.

Be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to using a tablet and pen, though. Unless you have a drawing/fine-art background and you're used to looking at your subject while your hand draws it.

Gruyanidas

For actually drawing or creating art, using something like Illustrator or what have you, a bigger tablet is probably better. For photo-retouching, smaller is definitely better. And yes, smaller is also a LOT less expensive.

Be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to using a tablet and pen, though. Unless you have a drawing/fine-art background and you're used to looking at your subject while your hand draws it.
Haha yes, people say in some videos on YouTube how they needed about a couple of weeks to get use to it, but I guess I will invest that time and hope so as a result get improved work flow.

wornish

I use the small Intuos for photo retouching in Photoshop and its great. The direct control of the cursor does take getting used to but after a little time it becomes natural. The small intuos also lets you switch to precision mode at the press of a button for doing really fine detail.