Best place for refurb 7100 Chargers

rick.osgood

Who do you think has the best deals on refurbished D7100's? Adorama seems to have a good price and reputation. Some reviews said that some accessories were missing, like power cords for chargers. Has anyone regretted buying a refurbished Nikon? Why?

Thanks

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I bought mine directly through Nikon. No problems at all. Sometimes Nikon will have sales around the holidays--possibly something for Labor Day although no guarantees.

Needa

Challenge Team
Got mine from Adorama nothing missing that I recall. Just looked in box manual, usb and strap still in original packaging. Power cord there too, plug charger directly into outlet.

Horoscope Fish

Just ordered from adorma... Can't wait
Adorama's reputation is nothing short of sterling; some of the best people in the business.

If there's a problem with your order, and I doubt there will be, rest assured they'll bend over backwards to make things right.

Enjoy your D7100!

nickt

I've bought two refurb lenses from Adorama. No issues. In March of this year, I jumped on their d7200 refurb for $770. I did not get a paper manual. Everything else was included. The 'what's in the box' did not list the manual, so I wasn't sure to expect one. And 5 months later I'm still super pleased that the d7200 refurbs are now selling for $850, lol. Adorama comes up with some great refurb prices.

Looks like you are getting a great deal as well on the d7100. Nikon doesn't have any right now and Cameta is $100 more. They give you a full year warranty, but its highly unlikely that you'll need that. Enjoy!

ps. I just double checked the Adorama listing and its says:

• MH-25A Quick Charger (Wall Plug & No Cord)
I don't know if you are familiar, but you don't need the cord. But you might want it if you needed to plug the charger into an outlet strip or something like that. You can probably find a cheap one on Amazon or ebay.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I'm late to the party as I guess you have already ordered. I don't think you will be sorry. I got my D7100 refurb from Adorama and it came just like a new one with all of the accessories.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Some reviews said that some accessories were missing, like power cords for chargers. Has anyone regretted buying a refurbished Nikon? Why?

I just double checked the Adorama listing and its says:

• MH-25A Quick Charger (Wall Plug & No Cord)
I don't know if you are familiar, but you don't need the cord. But you might want it if you needed to plug the charger into an outlet strip or something like that. You can probably find a cheap one on Amazon or ebay.

Sorry...I missed the part about not having a power cord--Nikon stopped including the power cord as an accessory. They didn't manufacture the cord...they used a cord made by another company, and I don't think that company exists anymore. There are other companies that manufacture the same type of cord which will work. Personally I prefer the cord over the little plug.

By the way, when Nikon made the change with the chargers, the name of the charger changed. It went from MH-25 Quick Charger (the one with the cord) to MH-25a Quick Charger (the one without). The 'a' version is the one without the cord.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
And for the record, I bought my refurbished D7100 directly through Nikon--there wasn't a power cord, and that's when they said they weren't including cords anymore.

carguy

Who do you think has the best deals on refurbished D7100's? Adorama seems to have a good price and reputation. Some reviews said that some accessories were missing, like power cords for chargers. Has anyone regretted buying a refurbished Nikon? Why?

Thanks
I purchased my D7100 Nikon refurbished through Roberts Camera. They include a charger that plugs directly into an outlet, no cords.

nickt

Nikon stopped including the power cord as an accessory......
Good to know. I was wondering if Nikon discontinued the cord, but I was fading fast last night so I didn't dig into it. It is a standard cord, I've seen it on many devices. I have a battery charger here that uses the same cord. I've never used the cord with my Nikon chargers, I've always just plugged into one of the kitchen counter outlets so I could easily see when its done. On trips, I tend to over-prepare and bring a lightweight extension cord with multiple outlets for charging all our gadgets so I never needed the Nikon cord.