Weather-Sealing is a requirement for Fire Dept photographers

TreySpooner

Took this today at a large fire in the city.

3ec0e853a4ca01ede9de56f54044773b.jpg

It's a D750

Sorry, I can't click like. LOL I baby my D750 and try not to get it wet. I have on occasion and really don't worry about it. I guess I am to old school and remember the horrors from my camera store days of people bringing in cameras that had gotten just a little wet. On many of them I did get to sell them a new camera.

TreySpooner

Sorry, I can't click like. LOL I baby my D750 and try not to get it wet. I have on occasion and really don't worry about it. I guess I am to old school and remember the horrors from my camera store days of people bringing in cameras that had gotten just a little wet. On many of them I did get to sell them a new camera.
I posted this because I know how people are, and are very protective.

Truth is, these cameras are tough.

My other D750 had been dropped several times. The housing did crack once, but it never had a problem. This photo shows how good the weather sealing is. Now, dont get me wrong, I'd rather not get it wet or drop it, but it's going to happen, and I don't sweat it.

I posted this because I know how people are, and are very protective.

Truth is, these cameras are tough.

My other D750 had been dropped several times. The housing did crack once, but it never had a problem. This photo shows how good the weather sealing is. Now, dont get me wrong, I'd rather not get it wet or drop it, but it's going to happen, and I don't sweat it.

I am headed to the beach to shoot all day tomorrow. I know it is tough so I will be careful but not over protective of it on the beach.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
They do make rain jackets or Ewa-Marine U-AZ Underwater Housing for camera/lens combos. Although some gear is weather sealed, that doesn't mean it is waterproof.