Photos via email

nikonpup

i sent my self some photos as a test. Original file about 20 megs 6000x3000 pix. I recieved a 5+meg file, resolution as sent. What is that going to do if the person receiving the file want to print a 30x20 print? Is there a difference if i take in a full size file for printing (large) vs
sending in a file to be printed (large)? Thanks.

nickt

I don't know about your printing question, but most email systems choke with a 20mb file and reject it. Did you click through a message that offered to automatically reduce it to a better size for email? Also, some people are on email systems that only give them a 10 or 20mb mailbox size, so one file will clog their inbox or get rejected if they don't keep it empty. You might want to use one of those services for mailing large files. I can't think of the service names at the moment... old brain cells,lol.

nikonpup

sent files thru msn and gmail both changed the file size. I think both have a 25 meg size limit. Sending one file at a time. Gmail has a option to reduce the size or send as original, i selected to send as the original files size.

nikonpup

thank nickt. i downloaded google drive and was able to send a pic @ full file size and resolution. play some more and see if i can send multi-pics.

paul04

thank nickt. i downloaded google drive and was able to send a pic @ full file size and resolution. play some more and see if i can send multi-pics.

How does it work, do you send them a link from google drive, or do they have to have it installed aswell.

nikonpup

not sure how it all works yet, i have only sent a email with photo to my self using gmail. In gmail there is a icom to link to google drive.

nikonpup

(no subject) - rnelson16185@gmail.com - Gmail - Mozilla Firefox 792016 22741 PM.jpg
triangle icom next to paperclip links to google drive.

nickt

I just tried it for the first time. fairly painless. I found I could also just drag an over sized file from my computer into into the gmail compose window and it would automatically upload to google drive and put the link in the email. Then I played around in google drive and tried the 'get shareable link' . It generates a special link and copies it to windows clipboard. From there you are free to paste it in a non-gmail email or post on a forum.

I'm pretty sure the recipient does not need anything installed to get the file.

nikonpup

i will have to get more serious with my editing, viewing full size on my monitor shows boo boos.

e-mail to my msn account worked.

paul_b

One option (on windows) is to Zip the file. It's then not technically an image file anymore until it's unzipped at the other end.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk