lightroom

tea2085

If I were to cancel creative cloud and get the latest LR for the home, would I be able to receive the upgrades to lightroom? Paul

PapaST

My guess is you should get security updates but you will not get feature updates. I've read a couple places where it stated that, but I haven't seen anything concrete from Adobe stating that.

Danno

When I had the standalone version of LR I did get periodic updates to fix bugs and security issues but I did not get any upgrades or significant enhancements. I only had it about a year before I switched to the Creative Cloud.

nickt

I'm pretty sure you will lose the dehaze tool and any other tools they added after the first release. Be aware of your plan if you pay monthly. I think the cc photography plan can be monthly or ANNUAL-paid monthly. There might be some true monthly plans out there where you can cancel anytime. When I signed up, the only offer to be found was an annual plan with monthly $9.99 payments. The fine print said if I quit early I'll owe 50% of remaining agreement. So check the adobe site under 'manage your account'.

BackdoorArts

Stand alone LR will only get bug fixes and new camera profiles. As mentioned above, they even held out the anticipated dehaze tool from the initial release so that it's only available in CC. My take? If you're going standalone and don't need camera profiles introduced this year then find yourself a cheap version of Lightroom 5. The improvements in 6 are minimal at best when you strip the CC content.