menu screen keeps turning off

Myrzwyt

This problem is very annoying and i have yet to fix it. I'll be looking through my photos, or just going through the menu and my screen goes black. I press the menu button and nothing happens. I find that when i turn my camera off and come back around a minute later it will turn on again for exactly 40 seconds, but then turns off and i have to just wait... I googled this problem and everyone says to just go to auto off timers, but the 610 doesn't seem to have that feature if i'm correct?

I took it to my camera shop to see if they could find the problem, they swapped out batteries and sd cards but nothing worked. They ended up sending it in to Nikon. I waited three and a half weeks and finally got it back just to have them tell me nothing was wrong with it. They said i needed to change the settings in monitor off delay but when i bump everything up to 10 minutes it still turns black after 40 seconds. Could it be something to do with my battery settings or something else? Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but i'm looking for a fix.

Please help.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome to the forum!

I wish I could point you in the right direction, but I am not familiar with that camera. Hopefully someone will jump in with some suggestions.

RocketCowboy

First off, howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

The concerning part to me is that once the LCD screen turns off, you can't get it back on again without powering off and back on again. Regardless of the timer setting, you should be able to re-awake the LCD by pressing a button (menu, info, playback, etc).