Help me pick a submission for Ogden 52

Choose the stronger image

• First Image

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Second Image

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Moab Man

I need some help picking a photo for my Ogden 52 Photo Submission. The city of does this Ogden 52 Photo Shoot. 52 photographers are given 1 of 52 divided up areas and they need to shoot a picture in their designated area. By luck of the draw I could not have picked a more vanilla plain area of Ogden. The only thing that stands out is a church, but that was shot the last time around. This really left me in a pinch as I have been trying to find something of interest to make my submission. Today, there were kids playing in the puddles as kids do. I photographed two different children jumping in puddles. There were the two I liked best with slightly different edits. For me, one is clearly the stronger of the two, but I want others input because in the end the 52 images are put up for auction as a fund raiser to help nurture the arts in the local community.

Please choose one and if you feel like it add your thoughts below.

First
W_DSC_3173.jpg

Second
W_DSC_3186.jpg

Dawg Pics

I like the splashes better on #2, but #1 looks more like a kid having fun. I like #1 slightly better. It has a little more of the kid in it as well.
It has more color and some movement too.

Last edited:

Michael J.

The red spot, I think, doesn't direct me to a little girl. The feet doe their job well to point out that is a child. I like the portrait format. I think if the second is portrait is great.

The first one shows action as well, so it comes to live, which I think makes the photo stunning beautiful

Moab Man

Thanks for all the input, keep it coming. I bounce between the two for many of the same reasons. The second shot had a much older kid so there wasn't as much of a little person to get in the shot, but I absolutely did not want to have a child's face in the image.

Prefrosh01

I voted for the second image. I like how simple and clean it is (once you remove the red spot). The "splash" is also more defined and is the focal point of the image.

Griso

#1 for me for sure - for me it's more 'dynamic' and you can almost feel the fun that's being had splashing in the water!

RobV

I am curious, what were the children's reaction to being photographed?
Were they enthusiastic?

Rob ~ still introverted in Indiana