Hello

Not much to say. I'm just walkin' around, lookin' around.
I got my first SLR about 35 years ago +/-. I use photography to help focus (no pun intended) on the world.

I don't like to talk about my gear. I may refer to it in asking or answering a question but that's it. I also don't like talking about my photography. :-(

That's why I wrote, "Walkin' around and lookin' around'.

Nope. I never lie. If I'm joking, I'll include a winking smiley face or something to indicate it. Actually, I tried to think of some other word than "focus" but nothing else conveyed the message.

You do know that this forum is all about "Gear" especially Nikon gear and the photographs that we produce?

Yes. I don't mind discussing other folks' gear and photos but mostly I'll just read. The only reason I posted to this group was the fellow who told me about this site asked me to do so.

My interest is in learning what other folks are doing and maybe learn a thing or two. If I can help someone else, that's good too. Again, my gear and type of photography are only useful as it relates to these endeavors but I appreciate your interest.
You seem a decent fellow. ~Inigo Montoya

Howdy Patrick and welcome to Nikonites!

I don't know anything about social media or its etiquette. I've gotten a few "welcomes" but not sure if I'm supposed to reply or ???
I'm asking you since you appear to have a sense of humor. Also, I'm a little curious as to why you have both the D and G versions of 50mm and 85mm lenses.

RocketCowboy

I don't know anything about social media or its etiquette. I've gotten a few "welcomes" but not sure if I'm supposed to reply or ???
I'm asking you since you appear to have a sense of humor. Also, I'm a little curious as to why you have both the D and G versions of 50mm and 85mm lenses.

No reply required or expected, some of the replies are more personalized and might strike a response like you asked about my D and G lenses. :)

I actually got my 50 and 85mm G lenses first, and have been very pleased with them both. The D versions I picked up off Craigslist to use with my 35mm film camera. The price made sense, and was much easier to rationalize than trying to get a faster 24-70 or 70-200 for the old film body. I'm mostly shooting digital, but wanted the option to experiment some with film as well ... if only for the nostalgia of the format.