Paid / Professional Events

Frozen_Moments

Hello,

I recently started taking up professional assignments along with my friend. He is a Canon user and I am Nikon. He started professionally covering events months before I started. When I joined his gang, he told me that most of professional photographers use Canon and he has hardly seen anyone using Nikon.

I don't know and don't understand why did he say this. Is it really the case or some other issue ? Someone please throw light on this

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
He said it probably because he has a Canon. There is some (for whatever reason) bias in the Canon circles. Personally, I think it is a 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Both produce great photos in the right hands. It's a Ford vs Chevy type of thing. Ha! @BackdoorHippie was fortunate to have the opportunity to compare the two manufacturers. If I remember correctly each mfg had their pluses and minuses in his reviews.

Frozen_Moments

Most (51%) of the pros I know shoot Canon, but so what. Most of the people I know are idiots. :shame:

lol :p

I wanted to rent some equipments for an event. When the rental guy showed us his list, Canon had a big array of equipments whereas Nikon had only one body and 2 lenses. That's it :(

RocketCowboy

lol :p

I wanted to rent some equipments for an event. When the rental guy showed us his list, Canon had a big array of equipments whereas Nikon had only one body and 2 lenses. That's it :(

My local shop has equal parts Nikon and Canon for rent. I would expect an rental company to follow supply and demand laws, so could be that more Canons are in for service and need rental loaners... :)

I just got back from a 7-day cruise, and haven't seen so many D300s's in one place.