No sound on my D7100

brendanxx

Hi,
I am very much a beginner! I want to record a movie on my D7100 with an external recorder - I'm using a Tascam DR-05. However either camera does not record and/or the camera's speaker isn't working. When I payback the video there is an icon of a music note with a line across it next to the movie icon. Nowhere in the manual (I can't it anyway) does it say what this icon means or what I can do to get my speaker back.
Can anyone help?
Cheers
Brendan

Spottydumplings

Hi,
I am very much a beginner! I want to record a movie on my D7100 with an external recorder - I'm using a Tascam DR-05. However either camera does not record and/or the camera's speaker isn't working. When I payback the video there is an icon of a music note with a line across it next to the movie icon. Nowhere in the manual (I can't it anyway) does it say what this icon means or what I can do to get my speaker back.
Can anyone help?
Cheers
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

On Page 172 of the manual there is an explanation of that icon...

"... is displayed in full-frame and movie playback if the movie was recorded without sound."

I have never tried recording a movie so can be of no further assistance than this; sorry.