Taking pictures whilst on a moving ship

Tasape

Hi I'm off on a cruise and I was wondering what would be the best setting to use to take images onboard while the ship is moving. Rather than rely on auto. I have a d3200.

Thanks

If you always have been shooting on Auto then while on vacation may not be the best time to try and learn the camera. Now once you get off of vacation you need to learn a new way of shooting and never shoot on AUTO again. That is probably the worst way to shoot a modern DSLR. When you get home dome back and we can help you more

nikonpup

shooting from the boat should not be a problem in auto. I am thinking boat to shore shots.
Have someone drive you around at about 15mph and takes some shots in auto and see how they turn out.

WayneF

The cruise ships motion should not be any issue, the big ships are quite stable. They have stabilizing fins other ships don't, the swimming pool water does not even slosh. :) Possibly excepting storms, it will be comparable to other hand holding situations. They are in port most of the days anyway. On the top deck in the sun won't be any issue. About the only issue to expect is that indoors in the various lighting, white balance will be the issue.

MaxBlake

Just returned from a cruise and had no difficulty on board, as well as on the smaller boats that are used to ferry folks from the ocean to port, using a Nikon D3300. Just keep shooting and have fun.