Lens issue

Jason Edwards

Hey fellow Nikonites, im having some issues with a lens I purchased for my D40X.
I know that this particular camera needs the lenses to have the auto focus motor build into the lens. The only one I am having trouble with is my AF Nikkor 24-120mm. Was wondering if anyone would have any idea as to why the AF isnt working. I have 2 batteries with the installed external battery extension and still cant get the lens to AF?? Before I put the lens in the shop I was wondering if there something I should look for, i.e internal watch battery?
Lens was purchased used from B&H ( refurbished ) with no visible damages.

Thanks,
Jase.

Horoscope Fish

Hey fellow Nikonites, im having some issues with a lens I purchased for my D40X.
I know that this particular camera needs the lenses to have the auto focus motor build into the lens. The only one I am having trouble with is my AF Nikkor 24-120mm. Was wondering if anyone would have any idea as to why the AF isnt working. I have 2 batteries with the installed external battery extension and still cant get the lens to AF?? Before I put the lens in the shop I was wondering if there something I should look for, i.e internal watch battery?
Lens was purchased used from B&H ( refurbished ) with no visible damages.

Thanks,
Jase.
Well there is a switch on the barrel of the lens marked "M/A M". You want that switch set to "M/A" not to "M". Have you checked that?

D3S_9156-rear-1200.jpg