35mm 1.8 G FX and front focus

Freerojo

I just got the Nikon 35mm 1.8 G FX lens the other day from B+H and I detected that it is front focusing. I tested the lens on 2 D750 cameras and the results were the same. I have to push the AF Fine-Tune to its maximum of 20 to get it close to spec but that is still not enough. Curious to know if anyone has experience with this lens and if I just got a "bad" one. I plan on sending it back.

Horoscope Fish

I just got the Nikon 35mm 1.8 G FX lens the other day from B+H and I detected that it is front focusing. I tested the lens on 2 D750 cameras and the results were the same. I have to push the AF Fine-Tune to its maximum of 20 to get it close to spec but that is still not enough. Curious to know if anyone has experience with this lens and if I just got a "bad" one. I plan on sending it back.
I fine tune the AF on all my lenses and I've never had a prime, Nikon or third-party, that needed more than a very minor tweaking. If you're absolutely certain your testing technique was rock solid then yes, I'd say you've got a lemon of a 35mm f/1.8 on your hand's.