Best Book For The D3300?

Flash Pot

I am stepping up from a D3100 to a D330.

I never really learned to use the D3100 as I should have and usually shot in either auto or aperture priority mode.

That said, i am looking for the very best and easy to understand tutorial for the D3300.

Thanks.

Horoscope Fish

What the "best" book is will depend on what you want. For something that will have you up and running quickly with your D3300 check out the "Nikon D3300 Digital Field Guide" by J. Dennis Thomas. This is not a "tome"; it's covers the essential functions and gives you a solid grasp of the basics. If you want something deeper look at "David Busch's Nikon D3300 Guide to Digital SLR Photography".

skene

There are many guides for the D3300, however if you did not grasp much on the D3100.... The 3300 is essentially the same camera.

nickt

If you are not completely familiar with the basic exposure principles, I would suggest you work on that. Either with a basic photography book or just read online or ask here. Either way, get completely familiar and comfortable with the relationship of shutter, aperture, and iso first. Once you have that, the owner's manual will make more sense as well as whichever d3300 book you end up with. They tend to gloss over the very basic principles which can leave you a little frustrated. Your camera is a high tech tool to help you implement those age old film principles, so understanding the basics helps you get the most out of the camera specific books.