Newbie to nikonites

Hawk

Hello ites! I am from Long Island, NY and have some background in photography, but mostly B&W from when I was in high school back in the late 60s....LOL I have dabbled in point and shoot through the years and have had several digital cameras. The last camera I had was a Nikon L100. I just purchased a Nikon D5300 w/ 18-140 Nikkor lens.

I would easily place myself the beginner category since I am not used to this camera. That and the time allowed in leaning is nowhere near what I would desire.....LOL

My main reason for joining is to learn, so please be gentle

Welcome to the forum.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number like D7100; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Also the best way to learn and get help it to upload some of your photos. Here is a little guide to get you started with that.

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Bill16

Welcome to our Nikonites family! There are a lot of great people here who do their best to be of help! I hope you'll love it here as much as I do!:D