Hi from Australia

Triso

Hello everyone!

Have been reading all of the threads on the forum for a week and though I better sign up.
Until about 3 weeks ago I had basically just used a phone for photos until I purchased a D3300.
I am keen to get into wildlife photography however I think saving for a few lenses first will have to be done.
Currently have the 18-55 that came with the camera and purchaed the 55-200 afterwards. Looking to get something around the 300-400mm range and also a macro lens.

Anyone else from Aus?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. And yes we have a number of members in Australia that are great photographers. Not really sure who is from the New South Wales area though. We do have one photographer that is in the Northern Territory but that is about as far away from you as you can get without leaving the country.

Triso

Have certainly noticed wildlife photography is expensive already haha.
There is not much to photograph around here either besides birds and kangaroos so I will have to travel a bit.
Might get the macro lens next and get into some insects!

JH Foto

You have wildlife in Australia found no where else in the world, get out there and let us see the results...

Last edited:

Triso

Phone wont let me quote anyone!

I live in Albury on the NSW/VIC border but I am currently in Gold Coast having a play around with nature photography.
We don't have too much wildlife around home and what we do have is very hard to get close to!

brads

Hello everyone!

Have been reading all of the threads on the forum for a week and though I better sign up.
Until about 3 weeks ago I had basically just used a phone for photos until I purchased a D3300.
I am keen to get into wildlife photography however I think saving for a few lenses first will have to be done.
Currently have the 18-55 that came with the camera and purchaed the 55-200 afterwards. Looking to get something around the 300-400mm range and also a macro lens.

Anyone else from Aus?

Thanks!

A Melbourneite here. Where are you from? This is a great site for all your questions.
Cheers
Brad