PCC -- writing multiple lines on a curved path

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am trying to create a photo that will be burned onto the top of a music CD and would like to write the song titles on multiple lines with curved text (to follow the curve of the CD). The problem is I can't figure out how to evenly space multiple lines that are curved. Having the lines be evenly spaced is the problem. Does anyone know how to do this? I don't want to use the warp tool because I don't want the text to be distorted. Thanks for any help!

WayneF

FWIW, Canon inkjets have a free utility that prints CD labels. Named CD-LabelPrint. Mine is a pretty old version, but it does all I need.
The text lines can be resized/reshaped, just tug at the black dots to be where you want them. And there are a jillion pattern shapes to start from. Plus, you can use a different one for each line if you wish (mine here is a real quicky).

labelprint.jpg

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

There's a Warp Text feature with the Text tool in Photoshop that gives you all sorts of control over the warping of your text, with or without distortion. Use Arc instead of Arch to get the most unmolested look to your text. Real easy to use.

To invoke it after you've typed your text, with the Text tool still active click the T with the arched arrow underneath it in the Text Toolbar at the top (not shown here as it disappears once you click it).

Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 12.22.54 PM.jpg

Ignore the toolbar nonsense inside the blue lines, it's in the garbage photo I used to demonstrate.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
There's a Warp Text feature with the Text tool in Photoshop that gives you all sorts of control over the warping of your text, with or without distortion. Use Arc instead of Arch to get the most unmolested look to your text. Real easy to use.

To invoke it after you've typed your text, with the Text tool still active click the T with the arched arrow underneath it in the Text Toolbar at the top (not shown here as it disappears once you click it).

View attachment 199604

Ignore the toolbar nonsense inside the blue lines, it's in the garbage photo I used to demonstrate.

Thanks! I'm playing with this right now, and I think it will work. When I accessed the arc tool previously, I couldn't get it to work properly. Now I see how I can adjust the amount of curve to simulate the curved edge of the CD. I need to list around 10 recorded song titles with the names of the people who submitted them. It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out how to do it!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am burning the top of a disc using a Lightscribe burner--followed Jake's advice which worked. Phew! Glad to get this done. Thanks again, Jake! :)