Lens Rentals.com

Gobae

Just in case someone else ends up searching for this topic I'll chime in too.

I rented from them once, 85mm f1.8, and everything went perfectly. Their system is quite simple, the lens was packaged very well and it was relatively easy to repack for return. The lens looked virtually brand new (an "8+" on the B&H condition scale) I found their prices to be quite reasonable for the lens I rented ~$50 for 4 days including insurance & shipping. Since I was a first time customer I did receive a followup phone call to "verify" my order. I suspect it was actually part of their fraud prevention service, but the person on the was polite and not interrogative in any way.

I have only a couple of minor negative points.

The lens had to be signed for - While this makes sense, for me it meant taking a day off of work to meet the FedEx truck at my house. I don't reliably receive packages where I work, and although the FedEx distribution hub is on my way home from work FedEx has to "attempt delivery" before you can stop there and pick stuff up in person and the rental clock starts ticking once "delivery has been attempted".

Weekends don't count - Even though FedEx delivers on Saturdays and I can drop stuff off at one of their satellite stores on Sat or Sun, LensRentals won't allow deliveries on Sat nor count the return "shipped" until Monday. This means you will need to "pad" your rental time if the dates fall across a weekend.

In conclusion I was really pleased with them and the lens. I haven't had an occasion to rent another lens but I will definitely be using them again.