Nikon Preview Help

APDC

This might sound like a dumb question and the answer may already be out there. But I am looking for a way to preview photos as I take them on my laptop. I have a macbook pro laptop and a nikon D3300 camera.

I do not need to be able to control the cameras settings on my laptop just be able to preview photos as I take them.

Any solution would help me greatly. For what its worth I have the most recent version of lightroom as well.

If you were on a PC it would probably work.There is a known issue that it seems was not fixed in the latest updatefor Lightroom CC 2015/Lightroom 6 - tethering Nikon cameras is not working on El Capitan OS:
Tethering with Nikon & Leica cameras
Tethering Nikon & Leica cameras using Lightroom CC 2015/Lightroom 6 is not currently supported on El Capitan.
We recommend customers who rely on Lightroom for tethering Nikon and Leica cameras not upgrade to El Capitan at this time.
Our engineering team is working with our partners to correct this issue and provide compatibility in the future.
Some customers are reporting crashes with Lightroom CC 2015.2/Lightroom 6.2
If you are experiencing crashing, please try the following:

• Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
  • Click on the General tab
  • Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”Restart Lightroom
  • Our engineering team is actively investigating this issue
From a quick search It see this.

===========================================================================================

I don't tether or have a MAC so not much more help. Seems like there may be some 3rd party apps that might work but so many of them are PC.