Hello...

crimbo2047

from Shetland ...
that's them islands to the North of the UK
Recently got a d 750 with a 35 mm DX for low light work
Usual kit is Olympus with a Sigma DP 1

I usually can get most cameras to work as I need but the Nikon AF options are still on the learning curve.

Chris

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The D750 has one of the fastest focus systems I have ever seen and it will focus in very low light. Set it up for Back Button Focus and single spot focus and you will be set.

Back Button Focus is a great tool for so many photographers and is something I think everyone should try at least once. Below are a few sites that talk about the how and why of Back Button Focus.

Benefits of Using the AF-ON Button for Autofocus by Nikon USA

BACK BUTTON FOCUSING – EASIER THAN YOU THINK! by Improve Photography

Here is a good YouTube video that goes over the why and how of Back Button Focusing.

You can do a search of the forum on "Back Button Focus" or BBF and see the many threads that have been created on this subject.

Try it, You will like it.

And welcome to the forum. i shoot the D750 also and love it

crimbo2047

The D750 has one of the fastest focus systems I have ever seen and it will focus in very low light. Set it up for Back Button Focus and single spot focus and you will be set.

Back Button Focus is a great tool for so many photographers and is something I think everyone should try at least once. Below are a few sites that talk about the how and why of Back Button Focus.

Benefits of Using the AF-ON Button for Autofocus by Nikon USA

BACK BUTTON FOCUSING – EASIER THAN YOU THINK! by Improve Photography

Here is a good YouTube video that goes over the why and how of Back Button Focusing.

You can do a search of the forum on "Back Button Focus" or BBF and see the many threads that have been created on this subject.

Try it, You will like it.

And welcome to the forum. i shoot the D750 also and love it
Thanks Don
Yes it is fast . It seamlessly followed an axe that was swung towards me and then back to the man wielding it as the axe moved out of the frame
A lot off what I do needs area focus and the ability to track and I am not always looking through the viewfinder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk