Refurbished 5500

Zeke_M

Everything I buy is refurbished or last years model.
If I was buying from "the usual suspects" Adorama, B&H, Nikon etc I'd have no problem buying a refurb body from those places.
My D7100 was an open box from B&H. If the same deal was a refurb I'd have bought that instead.

Fred Kingston

Depends on whether you are an experience Nikon camera owner. If NOT, and you're new to photography... then you might be better off with a NEW camera and warranty... Otherwise, Refurbs are great.

Caveat though, be sure to thoroughly test every function of the Refurb because, unless you get an extended warranty, there may be a problem that you won't learn/discover until after the 90 day Nikon refurb warranty...

I have bought cameras and lenses from these guys and they offer a 1 year warranty on their refurbished cameras. Makes me feel better about buying from them.

Cameras for Sale | Buy a Digital Camera from Cameta Camera

Great prices and service

Nikon D5500 Wi-Fi Digital SLR Camera Body (Black) - Factory Refurbished $549

warrenty.PNG

Last edited:

TL Robinson

I've bought refurbs (both bodies and lenses) from Cameta, Roberts, and B&H and have had -0- issues across the board. The last refurb I bought was my D7100 - the shutter count was 52, and refurbed by Nikon - thing was brand new...

MaxBlake

I bought a refurbished D5500 (along with a refurbished 18-50mm lens) about 6 months ago and am very happy with it. Got both for a good price, and both camera and lens are working just fine. I did get an extended warranty for both: three additional years of coverage for less than $10 a year, which seemed like a smart buy. Can't see how you can lose, given the savings.

awiltj

Those who have ordered refurbished cameras directly from Nikon, can you please tell me what your boxes look like or how they came? I'm looking to buy a Nikon D5500 kit from someone on Craigslist that says they have a sealed refurbished box that they bought directly from the Nikon factory. How can I tell that this isn't a grey market or black market camera and it is an authentic Nikon product? ANY HELP APPRECIATED- I'm new to photography

Horoscope Fish

Those who have ordered refurbished cameras directly from Nikon, can you please tell me what your boxes look like or how they came? I'm looking to buy a Nikon D5500 kit from someone on Craigslist that says they have a sealed refurbished box that they bought directly from the Nikon factory. How can I tell that this isn't a grey market or black market camera and it is an authentic Nikon product? ANY HELP APPRECIATED- I'm new to photography
Nikon uses a white box that is clearly labeled "Refurbished Product" for refurbished bodies. All accessories should be included, battery charger, cables, strap etc. Everything.

My best advice: If the deal just doesn't jive, if your gut is telling you to move on... Move on.

TedG954

I will always purchase re-furbished over "new" whenever possible. Cameras, and lenses.

Refurbished equipment is QC/QA'd twice.... once when it was new, and then again before it is resold as refurbished.

There is absolutely no downside to refurbished that I have ever experienced.