Bought a used d600...

ryanwphoto

Hey everyone, I recently bought a used d600 body and I am just wondering if Nikon will still fix the dust issues even though I bought it used?
Also I noticed marks in the viewfinder but as far as I can tell they are only on the mirror as they don't show in photos, (haven't really tested this just from what I can see) can these be cleaned too? And would this have anything to do with the dust issues?
Thanks!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Donpauli2

JMO but I would say if you sent it in they could take care of your issues if you are specific about what and where. If you're thinking "free" probably not unless this is a common issue with many of that model. I have an N-2000 SLR that they have taken care of shutter blade problems on perfectly. But it was fee based

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO but I would say if you sent it in they could take care of your issues if you are specific about what and where. If you're thinking "free" probably not unless this is a common issue with many of that model. I have an N-2000 SLR that they have taken care of shutter blade problems on perfectly. But it was fee based

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The D600 has a major known problem with the shutter and they have repaired many of them and even replaced some with the D610.

Clean the sensor and see it the problem comes back fast. If it does then send it in.

BackdoorArts

Run the serial number on their site before doing any cleaning as Don sugested. It can only be sent in once for free, so if the other person didn't do it then you're golden. If they did then there would be a record of the previous owner having done so and that might nullify your opportunity to follow up on "recurrence". I bought one used and verified before purchasing it that it hadn't been sent in. Nikon did both the replacement service and a follow up for free.

ryanwphoto

Run the serial number on their site before doing any cleaning as Don sugested. It can only be sent in once for free, so if the other person didn't do it then you're golden. If they did then there would be a record of the previous owner having done so and that might nullify your opportunity to follow up on "recurrence". I bought one used and verified before purchasing it that it hadn't been sent in. Nikon did both the replacement service and a follow up for free.
Didn't even think of that. He told me he didn't when I asked him as I knew about the issue before I purchased it.
It seemed to go away off the sensor when I did the sensor clean. But I'm curious to know why the mirror is so dirty. I just noticed it because I bought a 18-35G two days ago and that's the only lens I can see it with.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Krs_2007

I actually have sent mine in 3 times last year for free, for a total of 4 times and no mention of replacement. I am fine with that as long as they continue. It is a pain to send in and I actually expressed my concern this last time but nothing changed, just cleaned and sent back to me.

Will be sending back shortly for another cleaning, shutter replacement or what ever they are doing. The slip always says something different.

Back to my point I have never been questioned on sending it in and I use the link from my original email every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

singlerosa_RIP

I actually have sent mine in 3 times last year for free, for a total of 4 times and no mention of replacement. I am fine with that as long as they continue. It is a pain to send in and I actually expressed my concern this last time but nothing changed, just cleaned and sent back to me.

Will be sending back shortly for another cleaning, shutter replacement or what ever they are doing. The slip always says something different.

Back to my point I have never been questioned on sending it in and I use the link from my original email every time.

Don't know that I could put up with a body going back 3 times in a year.......

I've been lucky with my D600 in that after almost 17K clicks, no issues. I did have the shutter replaced a year or so back, just to be safe.

Krs_2007

Don't know that I could put up with a body going back 3 times in a year.......

I've been lucky with my D600 in that after almost 17K clicks, no issues. I did have the shutter replaced a year or so back, just to be safe.

Yea, that's why I called the last time. It is surprising to me that it still exists, but dealing with it because I really like the camera.

BackdoorArts

First one went in 3 times for a replacement and by the 4th time I had a name and number in the service center who was handling my complaint personally. The 4th time saw a D610 sent. My second (the used one) only took two trips - I emailed the guy with dust photos, click counts from the day I received it and the day of the dust photos, and two sentences, "Again?! I expect you know the best way to assure a positive outcome." He did.

Not sure where they stand now, but if you ever need to do a fifth I would make a phone call or three to grease the skids. Mention the class action suit that you could have been a part of and offer to sign the same nondisclosure form they did.

Krs_2007

First one went in 3 times for a replacement and by the 4th time I had a name and number in the service center who was handling my complaint personally. The 4th time saw a D610 sent. My second (the used one) only took two trips - I emailed the guy with dust photos, click counts from the day I received it and the day of the dust photos, and two sentences, "Again?! I expect you know the best way to assure a positive outcome." He did.

Not sure where they stand now, but if you ever need to do a fifth I would make a phone call or three to grease the skids. Mention the class action suit that you could have been a part of and offer to sign the same nondisclosure form they did.

That's why I also called this time and expressed my concern. Wanted to a have a call logged into their call center. It seems that just returning it didn't show all the times and he had to look up reference numbers, which almost set me off when he asked. So I kept my mouth shut to see if the end result would be different, well no difference so next time I will be more vocal.

So we will see.

Thanks for the reply Jake

Bukitimah

The price difference of a pre-owned D600 and D610 is less than USD150. I wonder if it is worth getting the D600 and risk the trouble?

Do you guys face similar problem with d610? Dust on sensor is quite common even with my D300. I clean sensor myself. But oil stains I am not sure.