Food, Fitness, Travel, Women, Nightlife

Savage

Hey guys brand new to the site as well as a proud owner of my first Nikon D3300... That being said I've been exploring my hobby as a photographer via iPhone6s and became prominant enough to be paid for my posts on social media. That being said i decided to take my love for photography to the next level and begin to get more serious. Majority of my pictures will revolve around being uploaded to things like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. The kit that came with my camera was the generic 18-55mm lens, and I'm looking to invest in at least one other lens to start off with. Ive done my research on the most popular and useful lenses that are mainly used for the D3300 but i figured theres no better way to gain insight then from primary sources/experts like yourselves! My pictures center around fitness (still shots), food, nightlife (clubs, lounges) female models, traveling (sculptures, statues, architecture) and nature (sunsets, the beach, nyc skyline etc)... from what I've gathered the 2 lenses i believe will suit me best are a 35mm lens or a 18-140mm lens... of course I'm open to other suggestions as well as hopefully some explanations as to why one lens will be better then the next given the category of my photos. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and i can't wait to see where this journey is going to take me!

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

To me, the 18-140mm is a good replacement for your 18-55. The 35mm prime then is really your 2nd lens for low light performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree with RocketCowboy when I was shooting DX (D7100) my main lens was the 18-140 and it is a great lens to have. IF you can only have one lens then this is the one. The 35mm will be a great lens especially for the club shots since it is a 1.8 it will be a lot better for the low light and the higher shutter speeds you will need