EXIF Data Display??

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Recently I have noticed that the EXIF info is only partially being displayed in the upper left corner of some images when hovered over. It is only happening on some images. Most display (correctly?) on the lower left and all info can be seen. Anyone else noticed this and know why it is happening?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks to all who replied. It is evidently a Firefox issue. I had been using Chrome before, but it gave me some problems with this site for the challenges. I switched to FF and now this. Ha! I guess I will keep all browsers open to get around any quirks. :unconscious: Let's see, FF, IE11, Edge, Chrome, .....

RocketCowboy

Thanks to all who replied. It is evidently a Firefox issue. I had been using Chrome before, but it gave me some problems with this site for the challenges. I switched to FF and now this. Ha! I guess I will keep all browsers open to get around any quirks. :unconscious: Let's see, FF, IE11, Edge, Chrome, .....

If you would just convert to Mac, you could get rid of Edge and IE11 right away. :D

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
If you would just convert to Mac, you could get rid of Edge and IE11 right away. :D
They are there for emergencies only, when nothing else works. Normally never use them. The closest I will probably ever get to a MAC is Linux. I have one box running Ubuntu. Ha!

Blacktop

They are there for emergencies only, when nothing else works. Normally never use them. The closest I will probably ever get to a MAC is Linux. I have one box running Ubuntu. Ha!
Have you tried Chromium on the Ubuntu box? I don't know if you can use it on Windows but it used to be my go to Browser on Mint.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It happens for me also on FF, but not on every one. Nikonpup is usually where it happens. Guess I can add Alan to the list now.

mikew_RIP

FF thing for me,its only when pictures are not tight left of the box,if you get the exify add on for FF you should get the basic EXIF when you put your curser on the image

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
FF thing for me,its only when pictures are not tight left of the box,if you get the exify add on for FF you should get the basic EXIF when you put your curser on the image
I tried two FF Add-ons: Exif Viewer and Exify. Same thing as before. Large image displays may be part of the culprit like you said, left side. The images that do not display the new image outside of the post box if you click on them.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The display of the exif data can get wonky depending on how the pics were posted in some cases. Choosing different alignment options for the pic, for example. The differences between how browsers handle the various CSS tags, and finding a compromise is mostly to blame.

robstopper

Sorry to jump in on someone else's thread, but I was looking for an answer to the same question. I've posted one medium size pic (which has been resized and enhanced from the original) on my newbie thread and the EXIF data shows just fine. I've then posted two large pics (both of which are the originals, uncropped) in the photo critique section, and neither of them display any EXIF data at all.